Jaipur Dialogues Empowering Temple Ecosystem: The “My Temple” Initiative’s Unique Approach

• Thread starter Chandrashekar Gaajula
  • Start date
C

Chandrashekar Gaajula

Navigating the challenges within our temple ecosystem involves addressing various facets, from constitutional amendments to societal changes, trust, and transparency. Amidst the efforts of numerous luminaries working towards these solutions, a fundamental obstacle remains—the limited involvement of devotees beyond consuming information on social media. The “My Temple” initiative aims to tackle this challenge head-on.
At its core, the initiative introduces a technological solution that connects individuals emotionally to specific temples. The platform it offers prioritizes privacy and convenience, aligning with its fundamental philosophy of building trust through transparency and process-driven delivery.
Fueled by the founders’ passion and their unwavering belief in the significance of the temple ecosystem, the initiative sees the preservation of temples as crucial for cultural heritage. The benefits, according to them, extend not only to the present but also to future generations.
Viewing temples as embodiments of centuries-old traditions, architectural brilliance, and artistic achievements, the initiative positions them as custodians of cultural practices and rituals.
Their conservation, they argue, establishes a vital link between the bygone era, the present, and the future.
The initiative has introduced the “Maha Prasadam” initiative, empowering temples to offer prasadam at 40 locations on a weekly basis after the main puja. This strategic move has resulted in increased footfall at the temples, attracting a growing number of devotees.
A unique aspect of the program is its commitment to transparency. Data and photos from the weekly prasadam offerings are collected, and the consolidated information is shared with those who contributed to making it a reality. This end-to-end transparency has cultivated trust-based relationships with patrons, motivating them to support the initiative regularly. It is this emotional connection backed by transparency that sets the program apart from others.

Here’s their progress over time:

Recognizing the need for diverse solutions catering to the vastness of our culture, “My Temple” specifically addresses tier-3 and tier-4 temples in the country. As an 80G approved non-profit trust, they possess both organizational and technical capabilities to scale their impact through proven process-driven initiatives. With their current trajectory, they are poised to impact 500 temples by mid-2024.
For more information, contact them at – namaste@MyTemple.in, namaste@MyTemple.in and become part of an initiative making a tangible difference in preserving our rich cultural heritage.

The post Empowering Temple Ecosystem: The “My Temple” Initiative’s Unique Approach appeared first on The Jaipur Dialogues.

Continue reading...