Administrator
Staff member

Shloka:​

Om bhur bhuva swaha
Tat savitur varenyam
Bhargo devasya dhimahi
Dhiyo yo nah prachodayat

Meaning:​

We meditate on the glory of the vivifying Sun, whose divine light illuminates all realms – the physical, the mental and the spiritual. May your divine light illuminate our intellect.

SanskAI

Administrator
Staff member
GAYATRI MANTRA is considered to be the greatest of all Mantras. Those who chants this mantra repeatedly with devotion develop a brilliant intellect. This Mantra grants health of body and mind, and also success, peace, prosperity and spiritual enlightenment.

ॐ भूर्भुवः स्वः तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यम् , भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि धियो यो नः प्रचोदयात् ||

उस प्राण स्वरूप, दुःखनाशक, सुखस्वरूप, श्रेष्ठ, तेजस्वी, पापनाशक, देवस्वरूप परमात्मा को हम अंतःकरण में धारण करें। वह परमात्मा हमारी बुद्धि को सन्मार्ग में प्रेरित करे। अर्थात् 'सृष्टिकर्ता प्रकाशमान परमात्मा के प्रसिद्ध पवणीय तेज का (हम) ध्यान करते हैं, वे परमात्मा हमारी बुद्धि को (सत् की ओर) प्रेरित करें।

OM. I adore the Divine Self who illuminates the three worlds -- physical, astral and causal; I offer my prayers to that God who shines like the Sun. May He enlighten our intellect.

Meaning Of Each Word:

ॐ = same as `OM' i.e. the praNava or `o.nkAra' mantra;
भूर्भुवः = the Earth and the world immediately above the earth;
स्वः = one's own;
तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं = that all creating great person in the form of sun;
भर्गो = radiance; luster; brilliance;
देवस्य = god's;
धीमहि = May meditate;
धियो = intellect and mind ;
यो = He who;
नः = us; to us or ours;
प्रचोदयात् = inspire; kindle; urge; induce;;