Jaipur Dialogues Hanumangarhi Besan Ladoos Get G.I Tag!

• Thread starter Apoorva Devanshi
  • Start date
A

Apoorva Devanshi

Ayodhya as a city is renowned for being the birthplace of Shri Ram. However, there are other things also for which it is famous. One of them is the authentic food of Ayodhya. The dishes of Ayodhya intertwine in its rich cultural and religious tapestry. One such food item is the Hanumangarhi Besan Ladoos. Ahead of the “Pran-Pratishtha” of Ram Mandir. The devotees and the residents of Ayodhya have another reason to rejoice.

Like the Tirupati temple “Ladoo Prasad”, the “Besan Ladoo” of Hanumangarhi is likely to secure a G.I tag.

The devotees offer these Hanumangarhi Besan Ladoos, considered a favorite of Shri Hanuman, as prasad. Made with Desi Ghee and Besan (gram flour), they hold a special place in the world of confectionery. Their distinct taste comes from the use of Mishri granules in place of sugar and thick Besan granules.

Halwai Kalyan Samiti of Ayodhya has filed an application for G.I tag with the financial assistance from SIDBI Bank. The G.I registry office in Chennai has received this application. The GI tag would ensures that the product name can only be used by the authorised users or those who live in the designated geographic area. Additionally, it keeps other people from duplicating the product. It would also reflect the uniqueness of these Hanumangarhi Besan Ladoos and will give an international platform to them. This brings an atmosphere of joy in the Halwai community of Ayodhya, its residents and devotees. The people of Ayodhya are viewing this accreditation as the divine blessings of Hanuman and Shri Ram.

The post Hanumangarhi Besan Ladoos Get G.I Tag! appeared first on The Jaipur Dialogues.

Continue reading...