Jaipur Dialogues AAP-Congress Collaboration for 2024 Lok Sabha Elections – Will They/Won’t They?

S

Shruti Dasgupta

As India gears up for the upcoming 2024 Lok Sabha elections, a potential collaboration between the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) and Congress in Delhi shows signs of dissent. The third meeting of the I.N.D.I.A. alliance is on the horizon, and the focus remains on whether these two political enemies will join forces for the 2024 elections. The contrasting statements and media clips show the AAP-Congress collaboration may be collapsing ahead of the upcoming 2024 Lok Sabha Elections.

The Media Clip that Shook AAP’s Trust in Congress Party

Congress President Mallikarjun Kharge and Rahul Gandhi together chaired a meeting with Delhi unit leaders to address the Delhi elections and 2024 Lok Sabha elections. The potential alliance of AAP with Congress and the dot-dot brigade was dependent on the decisions made during this meeting.

#KhelaHobe – I.N.D.I.A Alliance ka Delhi main Khela Ho Gaya …

Arvind Kejriwal has our party vote share which is a matter of concern for us . Congress will contest on all 7 loksabha on its own in #Delhi and we have started our preparation – Alka Lamba . pic.twitter.com/F7hNvLyHRC

— Rahul Jha (@JhaRahul_Bihar) August 16, 2023

Afterwards, the Delhi Congress leader Alka Lamba expressly stated that Congress would contest all 7 seats in Delhi. The AAP’s response to this was strong and clear. AAP Spokesperson Priyanka Kakkar fumed and raised concerns about collaboration with Congress. Further, she stated that attending the dot-dot alliance meeting would be futile if the Congress’ attitude remained uncooperative.

#WATCH | On Alka Lamba's statement regarding Delhi Congress asked to prepare to contest on all seven Lok Sabha seats, AICC in-charge Delhi Congress Deepak Babaria says "Alka Lamba is a spokesperson but she is not an authorised spokesperson for talking on such important issues. I… pic.twitter.com/rxCA7WpiqI

— ANI (@ANI) August 16, 2023

Soon, the Congress Delhi in-charge Deepak Babaria vehemently denied Alka Lamba’s statement. They called her an immature leader. They stated that she was not an official spokesperson for Congress. Moreover, they denied her claims and reiterated their support for AAP. They stressed that the meeting had reached no consensus on seat allocation for the 2024 Lok Sabha Elections. However, the contrary truth would soon be revealed.

AAP-Congress: The See-Saw Alliance

As AAP gains Congress's support, party's Delhi unit stares at uncertain future - India Today

PC India Today

In a recent statement, the AAP has deferred its decision on the alliance to the central leadership. This decision-making process is expected to occur within the political affairs committee and the I.N.D.I.A. parties. Senior AAP leaders are poised to engage with Congress to clarify the benefits AAP would receive from this partnership.

India’s eyes are on the third I.N.D.I.A. meeting scheduled for later in August. The meeting may hold the promise of reshaping the political landscape for the upcoming 2024 elections.

Recent news claims that the Congress high command has directed the Delhi leadership to prepare for all seven Parliamentary seats. Now, the AICC-in-charge Deepak Babaria did a 180-degree turn to outline the party’s strategy to counter both the policies of the BJP-led Centre and the AAP-led Delhi government. Babaria candidly criticized Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal on multiple fronts. These include issues related to government department contracts, the efficiency of Mohalla Clinics and schools, traffic congestion, and the environmental health of Delhi.

Thus, the upcoming third meeting of the dot-dot alliance promises to be a spectacular muscle flex between the AAP and Congress. The AAP is non-commital of its see-saw alliance with the Congress. The Congress has declared war on AAP and BJP both in the Delhi elections. Thus, the unconfirmed AAP-Congress alliance may be crumbling soon.

Conclusion

The dynastic approach of Congress to any political agenda ensures that all roads lead to Rahul Gandhi. Therefore, 2024 elections are Rahul Gandhi’s newest playground. The Congress leader is planning a big bash for his friends under ‘I.N.D.I.A.’ All members of the dot-dot brigade are invited, while the N.D.A. leaders are shunned. However, the policies and internal dynamics of the dot-dot brigade is bound to leave India truly divided by dots!

Opposition bloc INDIA's 3rd meeting on Aug 31-Sept 1 in Mumbai, says Nana Patole - India Today

The Congress wants the support of AAP for the 2024 Lok Sabha elections. However, they are unwilling to cede the fertile grounds of Delhi elections to AAP in this potential alliance. The Congress has a purely consumerist approach towards the dot-dot alliance. They want to use the influence of the regional parties to prop up the re-launch of Rahul Gandhi as a PM candidate. As the anticipation builds and the political landscape continues to evolve, all eyes remain fixed on the unfolding developments between the AAP-Congress’ see-saw alliance.

The post AAP-Congress Collaboration for 2024 Lok Sabha Elections – Will They/Won’t They? appeared first on The Jaipur Dialogues.

Continue reading...